Monday, September 22, 2008

Bogus Attempt!

Ok so here is my not so pretty attempt to make a cute cake after not making one in sooooo long. It's been 3 years since my last cake decorating class i had and my creativeness was not up to par. Even though everyone thought this was cute which by the way thank you to those who did, i can't help but be my own worst critic though. I have all these little figures that i bought hoping to do some cute cakes later in life i thought it was high time i used some of them. So for one of the girls birthdays at church i tried out my much needed to be practiced upon abilities to make a cute cake. The theme as you can see was Sleeping Beauty. In my head i had the cottage and a stream (which i was going to do trees as well, but didn't want to take that much time doing them). I was going for the forest scene. Cute in my head and ok turn out, but it was just supposed to be better. For one thing everything started out all wrong. When i turned over the cake most of the bottom stayed in the pan(which i know and totally forgot to put wax paper down) Then when i was frosting it i couldn't get the frosting as smooth as i wanted it. Then i couldn't find my basket weave and my grass tip. So instead of the cute basket weave on the cottage and grass all around on the ground i did little strokes of my knife to make the cottage look kind of log cabin feel and i sprinkled cinnamon sugar on the ground for dirt. I put too many characters on the cake, but didn't want to leave any out so as an end result here is the cake.

(yeah in my head i pictured something totally different)
I can't wait to take some cake decorating classes again!!

6 comments:

www.gallamorewest.com said...

I think this is great!! Especially for having not done it for so long. So, I borrowed the baseball shaped cake for Sam's bday... ALL those little star shapes for me to pipe. Unless you want some extra practice... haha!!

Feather Fam. said...

Definitely NOT a "bogus attempt" That cake looked great and was scrumptious!!!

Melanie said...

I'm totally impressed! My mind doesn't think in that three dimensial way. Practice makes perfect:)

Smith's in Iowa said...

Cute cake!

Cassie said...

give yourself more credit mandy!! I can't even frost those microwavable brownies!

Angie said...

If this is your "bogus attempt", I can't wait to see what the future holds!