Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cakes for Relief Society

I did two cakes for Enrichment night for Relief Society. Of course the day i started on the cakes Zach just wanted my attention! He didn't want to be put down. Jake was sick so i couldn't just let him take him. It took 3 hours just to put a crumb layer of frosting on the cake. I would do a little bit here and there. Zach also didn't want to sleep. I would finally get him down and 10 or 15 minutes later he would wake up. Very frustrating. It took me 2 days to finish both cakes and i was tired by the end of it. Why is it whenever you need to or want to get something done is when your child demands your attention. They have a sixth sense!!


I wrote Relief Society on this cake, but didn't get a picture of it afterwards.


3 comments:

JBSquared said...

They were awesome cakes! I'm sorry Zach didn't want to cooperate - I totally know that feeling!

Smith's in Iowa said...

Those turned out beautiful!

LORI said...

Wow! You have a great talent for cake decorating. I'm getting really hungry just looking at them!