On Monday we were playing over at Stephanie's house (like we always are) having a normal day......Until the screaming started. Zach had stepped just the right way to have a rake bypass his shoe and jam into his foot. It sliced the under part of his toe and a little in between the toes. I was freaking out a little. I had to wake up Jake (since he worked grave yard) and show him Zach's foot to see if I should bring him to get stitches. The answer was "yes" so off we were to Urgent Care.
When we arrived there were a TON of people there. We waited 2 hours to be seen. Then we waited in the room for a while for the doctor. The doctor hates doing stitches on little ones, but said glue just would not work where his cut was. So he numbed him up for stitches. Zach was so brave. He let all the nurses and doctor look at his toe and clean it up without a fuss. When they started poking him with a needle the crying and screaming began. Poor little guy.
Then the doctor started on doing the stitches. Zach's toe was completely numb, but his foot wasn't. So when the stitch had to go to his foot he started screaming again and saying "No..all done, all done". The doctor had to try three different needles to make the first stitch. Once he did one he said that should be able to hold it. He didn't want to torture Zach any more.
Then the nurse bandaged up his entire foot. She had to in order to get the bandage to stay on. Then we had to go wait in the 45 minute line at the pharmacy to get Zach's antibiotics. That was a pain, everyone was DONE and wanted to go home.
We were home for a couple of hours before this next photo happened. Madison fell backwards and hit her head on the edge of the fireplace. We didn't realize she had a cut until she sat up from being against my shoulder and pointed to my ear/neck. I felt it and saw I had blood on me and then we saw it all over her hair/head. Luckily it was not deep and wouldn't need stitches. I was very happy we didn't have to go back to the Dr. office.
Our many adventures today were not fun, but my kids did SO well throughout the entire ordeal. Zach was so brave and good sitting there for 2 hours before being seen and Madison also did well sitting there for the whole time too. She had her moments when it was supposed to be nap time, but I was very very happy they weren't crying and complaining the whole 4 1/2 hours we were there. I don't want to go back to the Doctors (well ever) but at least for a very long time!





0 comments:
Post a Comment