Saturday, June 7, 2008

Before and After

We have spent a lot of time trying to remodel our house over the past two years and here's some before and after pic's to prove it. We are very happy with what we have accomplished!







Before After





What our house looks like now. We painted it and put in new plants and put in a bench ....that's just the front yard!




Now the BACKYARD!



Our Yard used to be just bark. EVERYWHERE! So we took out the bark along with so many truck loads of dirt and brought in new good dirt and made what you see below!





Now we have nice plants and grass that we can go out and enjoy! A new fence is the next thing we hope to do back here!

Here is our lovely kitchen when we first moved in. This is Laurie and Ben's handywork. Don't worry they didn't want it that color either, but once they were done painting they didn't want to do it again.



Check out those floors and the cabinets. Lovely don't you think. Now this is what we did with it.
We refaced the cabinets, added an island, painted of course, put in track lighting and a fan. We also put in all new tile. So much better!
Last big thing was our fireplace. Have a look!
We thought at first just to paint and try to make it look nicer.....but after a while we did what you see below.


We ended up doing a lot more, but i don't have the pictures to show. We got new carpet and baseboards, all new interior and exterior doors, molding, painted everyroom, re-did the bathrooms completly, etc etc. I could keep going on, but i won't bore you. It's not only the big things, but also the little things that make a huge difference. We aren't completly done yet, we still have to save up some more do do the rest! We are so proud of our home!

6 comments:

www.gallamorewest.com said...

WOW!! These are great before and after pics... the kitchen changes are the best. Although, didn't you know bright orange faux sponge painting was all the rage in 2002... or was it 2003... or was it NEVER?! I love the "Laurie heart's Ben" behind the fridge though. Tell me you didn't paint over that part?! Or if you did, lie to me and I'll never move your fridge to check :)

Angie said...

WOW. I was waiting to see these before pictures. What a change! You guys did a great job and I am very impressed.

JBSquared said...

That is SO awesome! I can't believe how much you've done! It looks fantastic! Now you're ready to come over and do my place, right? :)

Feather Fam. said...

Wow!!! Sooooo much work! I gotta see this in person! So much work, but so worth it!!!

JR said...

Wow!! Looks great!! Looks like a lot of work! I want to come see it in person!! Way impressed!

HeaddaMarie said...

I like what you guys have done! That's awesome!! Now y'all can come out and help with my place! :)