Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

This Valentine Time has been fun. There has been a lot of preparing and craft making this year. Sorry for so many pictures, but I've been busy and want to share!

Here are the Valentines that Zach and Madison handed out to their little friends at playgroup. A dinosaur fit Zach perfectly and the butterfly one was perfect for Madison



Another Valentine the kids helped to make was for their grandparents. Great Grandpa and Grandma Jenson, Nani and Papa and Grandpa and Grandma Wessel. The kids had fun getting their thumbs painted and sticking them on the paper.

The last valentine made "this" year was for Zach's NEW nursery class at church. The kids had fun popping the balloons and getting the candy.

We also made heart sugar cookies for not only the playgroup valentine party, but for the girls I visit teach as well. Zach was such a great helper pushing down all the cookie cutters

Good thing he was wearing his apron because he got SO messy!

This is the heart bouquet that I made for the 3 girls I visit teach. I baked them with the sticks in. Surrounding them are little conversation hearts, which is exactly what I tried to make the cookies look like.

Now on to the Crafts I made this year
In the frames are pictures from last valentines day
 I made everything you see here (expect the glass jar and candy)

 Jake cut the wood for me and I painted the blocks and cut out the vinyl on my cricut
 I saw this idea, but with actual kisses instead of hearts. I wanted a more lasting craft so I found the little wooden hearts at Michaels and painted the whole thing...with glitter, because it makes things more fun. Each day you turn over the next heart counting down to Valentines Day

Here is my Mantel
 Again Jake Cut me all this wood and i went to work painting, covering with paper and applying vinyl letters (and ribbon)
 I got these wooden letters at Joann's. They were already white, so no painting there...wahoo. I just had to cover them with scrapbook paper and glue them together.
 Same thing with the XOXO
 I bought the cute Valentine fabric at Joann's and just cut and sewed onto some ribbon to make my banner.
 The Mailboxes I bought at Target in the dollar section. I used my cricut again to cut the vinyl. The little stands I had to piece together and make. I found the different pieces at Michaels in the wood section. Then glued and painted.
 Everyone gets a mailbox for goodies
 The heart wreath was the thing that took the longest. I bought foam tubing at lowes for like 1.35 and Jake shaped it into a heart for me. Then I cut out on my cricut the glitter felt. Cut into 3" circles and then folded into half and then half again and you pin it into the wreath. Repeat about a billion times and you end up with this.
 I made these little conversations hearts too. Bought the hearts at Michaels and painted and put vinyl wording on.

 I bought these cute vases at Target in the dollar section, but they were 2.50. I then had a friend teach me how to make these cute paper flowers. I stuck them on my paper green striped straws. I also made the table runner underneath the flowers

Again, Wood, Paint, Paper and Vinyl. Tada!
 These blocks I actually made for my bathroom to sit on my toilet. I tied them all together with red tulle that I had
 This heart garland I cut out on my cricut too using the Love Struck cartridge. Glued it on the ribbon an draped it on my mirror in my bathroom
 This apron I also made. I cut it out from another apron and did a little sewing. I used ribbon for the straps and sewed a ribbon bow on as well.
It's so nice to finally have some decorations for Valentines Day and to know that I made them with my own two hands is even better.
We hope you all had a Very Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

HOLY COW you were busy!! Everything is fantastic, thanks for some new ideas too!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love everything, especially the mantel. Can't wait to see what you come up with for St. Patrick's Day!
-Alison