Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh the Joys!!

Who ever said being pregnant is "oh so much fun" I think is insane. (Yep this is me complaining again) The only fun thing is feeling the baby kick and move and that's not always so fun when it hurts. My thing right now is the oh so much fun back pain, which I'm either getting used to or it's not as bad anymore and the lovely braxton hicks contractions! I thought they said these "practice" contractions weren't supposed to hurt, but mine are half and half. Sometimes they just feel like my belly is tightening for a couple of seconds (normal) and the other time it's more painful and it lasts for a couple of minutes. The pain will subside after a like 20 to 30 seconds, but my stomach still feels tight for minutes afterward and i know when those ones are completely done cuz then the maybe freaks out and starts moving all over the place! I guess the only reason I'm complaining is cuz it woke me up last night around 12:30 with a more painful one and then i don't know if i had smaller ones or not cuz i couldn't get comfortable and really fall asleep for like 2 hours. In and out of sleep always having to roll over to find a comfortable spot! (What annoys me more is one of my co-workers who I'm not even telling this too leans over and is all oh that's nothing to worry about in my pregnancy's yadda yadda yadda) I'm not concerned i was just complaining! I know it's totally normal. Anyway i've made this long enough!
Oh one more thing has anyone ever had jaw pain during pregnancy. My jaw all the sudden on Tuesday locked up on one side and hurts to open it too wide. Kind of like lock jaw. It's getting better and it doesn't hurt unless i try to open it too wide, but still it's annoying!

6 comments:

LORI said...

Ugh. It is funny that I never experienced braxton hicks contractions with Emily. I had maybe 2 total in the week before she was born, otherwise I never had to deal with it.
I've also never dealt with a stiff jaw. Every other muscle and joint in my body is stiff and my ribs ache, but not my jaw. Strange.
And I can totally sympathize with the lack of sleep. Why do babies make it so difficult to get comfortable??

Smith's in Iowa said...

I got braxton hicks contractions alot with all 3 of the kids. Some were slightly uncomfortable and some down right hurt!
Ammon for sure had his feet permanently under my ribs for probably the last 2 months. Lots of jabs and me changing directions to try and move him.
Try a hot washcloth on your jaw. Maybe the heat will help the muscle to relaxed.
Gets lots of feet up relaxing time and enjoy the quiet, it won't last much longer:)

Melanie said...

It's almost over, only 64 days left right? The jaw thing, that's the hormone being released into your body that loosens up your joints. It's supposed to be aimed at your pelvic region, but I had trouble in my feet and it's common to have random problems like that. I can't remember what that hormone is, but I swear it's true and there's nothint you can do about it. Sorry:)

www.gallamorewest.com said...

It will all be worth it soon... even though you'll never sleep again. Just joking!! I can't wait to meet my new little nephew!

Feather Fam. said...

Ahhhhhhh....that is all I really have to say...Ahhhhh!

JBSquared said...

Why does other people's misery make me laugh? :) I guess it's because we all go through it and later you will look back on it and laugh, too. In fact, you will even miss it. (Honestly!) Good luck and hang in there!